Beall’s – Celebrating 100 years!
Beall’s celebrated our 100th year anniversary in 2015! Come join a team rich in tradition that is ready to adapt and evolve with the ever changing retail landscape! We are a debt free, billion dollar organization with over 500 retail stores across 16 states. And with an eye to the future, we are continuing to enter new markets and build brand loyalty with an increasing customer base.
Stable and fiscally savvy, Beall’s has long been an organization that represents tradition, integrity and ever changing sustainability. Our headquarters are located in the beautiful and sunny Tampa Bay area in the heart of Florida… approximately one mile from the nearest beach. We live and breathe the Florida coastal lifestyle and we are looking for new talent to join our growing team!
Fabric Sourcing Specialist – Beall’s Stores
FUNCTION OF THE JOB
The sourcing specialist will lead the research, development and sourcing of new and innovative fabrications for our in house apparel private brands. Work closely with key teams such as design, technical design, compliance and buying teams to deliver on the brand vision and value proposition.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Product Development, Apparel Sourcing or Fashion Design
- 3+ years of Apparel fabric research and development
- Clear understanding of the fabric development process.
- Solid fabric construction knowledge base and strong aptitude and understanding of dyeing printing and finishing techniques.
- Technical knowledge of fabric trims and garment construction.
- Must pass in house color test
- Proficient in Adobe Create Suite programs, Gerber Web PDM and Excel.
- Ability to take charge, with a hands-on management style—but also with a willingness to listen, learns and teaches.
- The ability to thrive in a team oriented environment.
- Confident Public speaker
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Fluent in English.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES (Essential Functions):
- Drive the research and development of seasonal fabric assortments that align with the overall aesthetic and costing parameters of each private brand.
- Build and maintain fabric library with costing and history of development by brand.
- Develop, prepare and maintain fabric information specification detail sheets for team which include brand, fabric specifications, suppliers and opening cost per yard.
- Present seasonally a fabric trend forecast and recommend fabrications by brand.
- Recommend fabric mills based on new/innovative fabrics and costing objectives.
- Negotiate, source and counter source fabrics based on pricing, content, timing and brand.
- Develop and manage fabric development tracking sheets from concept to adoption.
- Partner with Design and Sourcing to plan, organize and develop new fabrications in conjunction with time and action calendar.
- For each new product delivery, recommend and determine fabric ranges that exceed our seasonal merchandising plans and objectives.
- Meet regularly with product development and merchandising teams to discuss any fabrics, and address any potential issues or limitations.
- Leverage fabrics when possible for best costing and delivery.
- Plan and execute greige fabric placements based on individual brand requirements.
- Create and build an open cross functional line of communication with all product development stakeholders.
- Review and clarify all fabric specifications for WEB PDM completion.
- Analyze selling history in order to maximize sales, Initial margin up and Gross margin.
- Lead fabric presentation segment during company milestone meetings- concept, line review and finalization.
- Attend Domestic fabric and yarn shows.
- Arbitrate and resolve any matters of concern with design, sourcing, technical and buying teams regarding fabrics and fabric execution.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Must have adequate vision, speech, hearing and physical ability to perform essential job functions, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Must have full body rotation (i.e., bending, stooping, twisting, etc.).
- Must have full use of hands and arms
Check out www.beallsflorida.com and www.beallsinc.com for more information.