Beall’s – Celebrating 100 years!
Beall’s celebrated our 100th year anniversary in 2015! Come join a team rich in tradition that is ready to adapt and evolve with the ever changing retail landscape! We are a debt free, billion dollar organization with over 500 retail stores across 16 states. And with an eye to the future, we are continuing to enter new markets and build brand loyalty with an increasing customer base.
Stable and fiscally savvy, Beall’s has long been an organization that represents tradition, integrity and ever changing sustainability. Our headquarters are located in the beautiful and sunny Tampa Bay area in the heart of Florida… approximately one mile from the nearest beach. We live and breathe the Florida coastal lifestyle and we are looking for new talent to join our growing team!
Assistant Designer (Product Development) for Beall’s Stores
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
To assist in the conception, development and execution of a private brand product line for Beall’s stores.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Essential Functions):
- Assist Designer to develop and manage exclusive private brand product and packaging from concept to in-store.
- Under the direction of the Designer interpret trend, color, and fabric forecasts and assist with seasonal trend presentations and milestone meetings.
- Compile market trends through comp shopping, runway, fashion publications, and web based services.
- Supports the designer in developing and presenting innovative product.
- Create product story boards.
- Create original artwork as needed.
- Assist Designer with clarifying all design elements with Technical Design and Sourcing team.
- Create color cards by brand and delivery.
- Attend fit sessions to maintain designer vision.
- Draft garment technical drawings.
- Organize and manage samples.
- Create seasonal line sheets by delivery under the direction of the designer for all milestone meetings.
- Maintains design production timelines.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design or equivalent is required
- Some retail or design experience required
- Strong Illustration skills required
- Technical knowledge of fabric, trims, and garment construction preferred
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite programs
- Reports to the Designer.
- Extensive interaction with the buying, sourcing and technical design teams.
- Interaction with CAD Designers to articulate the brand vision.
- Must have adequate vision, speech, hearing and physical ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must have full body rotation (i.e., bending, stooping, twisting, reaching etc.)
- Must be able to lift and carry at least 20lbs.
Check out www.beallsflorida.com and www.beallsinc.com for more information. Thank you!