Beall’s – Celebrating 100 years!
Beall’s celebrated our 100th year anniversary in 2015! Come join a team rich in tradition that is ready to adapt and evolve with the ever changing retail landscape! We are a debt free, billion dollar organization with over 500 retail stores across 16 states. And with an eye to the future, we are continuing to enter new markets and build brand loyalty with an increasing customer base.
Stable and fiscally savvy, Beall’s has long been an organization that represents tradition, integrity and ever changing sustainability. Our headquarters are located in the beautiful and sunny Tampa Bay area in the heart of Florida… approximately one mile from the nearest beach. We live and breathe the Florida coastal lifestyle and we are looking for new talent to join our growing team!
Systems Engineer (Microsoft) – Beall’s Inc.
In support of corporate business objectives, the Microsoft Systems Engineer will provide technical leadership, engineering, administration and security in their designated area of responsibility.
The Microsoft System Engineer must be able to exercise independent judgment, guided by IS directives, policies and procedures, industry best practices, and regulatory compliance in the execution of their primary responsibilities.
- Reports directly to the Manager of Infrastructure Systems.
- Extensive interaction with all areas of IS Management and Staff team members.
- Frequent interaction with the Helpdesk and external third-party support providers.
- Periodic interaction with various corporate departments throughout the enterprise.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES [Essential Functions]:
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert for various Microsoft Enterprise Systems as assigned from the items listed below based on previous knowledge, skills and experience.
- Duties will include systems design, administration, and maintenance and project support.
- Microsoft Active Directory, GPOs, Windows Servers, Networking services (DNS, DHCP, etc.) and related supporting management systems throughout the enterprise.
- Microsoft Exchange 2010, SQL Server 2005 – 2012, ActiveSync (EAS), Microsoft Skype for Business, and other internal and external collaborative solutions and supporting systems operating in a virtualized environment.
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft System Center
- Analyze performance issues with Microsoft infrastructure including but not limited to Active Directory, SQL, Exchange, SharePoint and Skype for Business.
- Microsoft Distributed File System (DFS).
- Develop, document and implement enterprise level policies and procedures.
- Perform installation and maintenance of patches on supported systems.
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot, and resolve issues related to the supported systems.
- Create and maintain documentation of system hardware and supported environments.
- Perform routine system analysis, and develop reporting metrics.
- Provide expert level on-call support for supported environments.
- Interface with vendors regarding complex issues, and see through until resolution.
- Cross train operations staff as needed.
- Implement and maintain high-availability solutions.
- Perform proactive and predictive analysis.
- PCI audit remediation.
- Respond to support calls and perform root cause analysis tasks as needed.
- BS degree or equivalent experience.
- 4-5 years’ experience as a Microsoft system engineer supporting Windows Servers, Active Directory, Networking services, Exchange, Skype for Business, SharePoint and System Center.
- 1-2 years’ experience managing Office 365 (E1 or E3 preferred).
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Proven technical decision-making and problem solving skills.
- General business knowledge with a background in supporting large enterprise environments.
- Must be flexible and available to provide off-hours support as part of a 24/7 on-call rotation.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work in both team environments and as an individual contributor.
- Working experience with VMWare, Citrix, Solarwinds Orion, and storage systems is highly desirable.
- Functional understanding of Microsoft Clustering in highly available environments a plus.
- Industry standard certification for Microsoft, Citrix, VMware, storage and backup systems, or operational frameworks highly desired.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Must have adequate vision, speech, hearing and physical ability to perform essential job functions, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must have full body rotation and mobility (i.e., bending, stooping, twisting, reaching) to allow for a variety of I.S. Facilities related tasks.
- Ability to lift equipment and/or boxes up to 50 pounds unassisted.
Check out www.beallsinc.com for more information.