Beall’s – Celebrating 100 years!
Beall’s celebrated our 100th year anniversary in 2015! Come join a team rich in tradition that is ready to adapt and evolve with the ever changing retail landscape! We are a debt free, billion dollar organization with over 500 retail stores across 16 states. And with an eye to the future, we are continuing to enter new markets and build brand loyalty with an increasing customer base.
Stable and fiscally savvy, Beall’s has long been an organization that represents tradition, integrity and ever changing sustainability. Our headquarters are located in the beautiful and sunny Tampa Bay area in the heart of Florida… approximately one mile from the nearest beach. We live and breathe the Florida coastal lifestyle and we are looking for new talent to join our growing team!
Financial Analyst (Logistics) with Beall’s Inc.
Provide qualitative and quantitative financial analysis to internal and external users. Responsible for month end close process, developing financial models, conducting analysis to support logistics strategic initiatives, enhance internal processes, and evaluate logistics performance. Work with logistics operations to improve forward looking forecasting and backward looking forensic analysis. Prepare capital project modeling, projection modeling, and dynamic analytics.
- The Analyst interacts with Logistics operations including the SVP, Accountants/Analysts, FP&A Management, VP of Finance, CFO, various other Finance personnel, and various other Executives & Management
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES [Essential Functions]:
- Build strategic relationships with key personnel
- Prepare various financial reports and analyses (including charts and graphs, industry & internal trend analysis and exception reporting) for senior management and help them make informed decisions by providing recommendations
- Complete the monthly close process in conjunction with the accounting department including all month end reporting for both finance and logistics
- Prepare monthly forecast by analyzing P&L results and developing projections of future performance
- Prepare ROI analysis on specific logistics initiatives
- Prepare and help develop the Long Range Projection (LRP). Work with various personnel to build out the LRP process and develop analytical models
- Ability to analyze large volumes of data for patterns, trends, and statistical analysis
- Assist with the preparation and detailed review of the logistics budget
- Perform other duties as assigned
GENERAL AND SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cross train on other department duties
- Demonstrate the following culture within the Financial Planning and Analysis Department:
- customer service,
- continuing process improvement,
- building effective working relationships with people outside the department, and
- personal responsibility for the integrity of all work
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance. MBA, or MBA candidate a plus. 3-5 years of prior financial analysis experience required, logistics/supply chain experience a plus
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, and financial reporting
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems, general ledger structures, and internal controls
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite (2007 or 2010), including advanced Excel. Oracle, Hyperion, AS400, database/data cube, and MS Access knowledge a plus. Must also demonstrate strong analytical and Excel pivot table skills
- Understanding of the big picture view and how to identify obstacles and opportunities that impact the business
- Ability to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and manage several projects simultaneously, sometimes with only broad guidelines
- Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player with creative problems solving approach and attention to detail
- This position requires a willingness to work a flexible schedule including occasional evenings and weekends based on business needs
Check out www.beallsinc.com for more information.