Beall’s – Celebrating 100 years!
Beall’s celebrated our 100th year anniversary in 2015! Come join a team rich in tradition that is ready to adapt and evolve with the ever changing retail landscape! We are a debt free, billion dollar organization with over 500 retail stores across 16 states. And with an eye to the future, we are continuing to enter new markets and build brand loyalty with an increasing customer base.
Stable and fiscally savvy, Beall’s has long been an organization that represents tradition, integrity and ever changing sustainability. Our headquarters are located in the beautiful and sunny Tampa Bay area in the heart of Florida… approximately one mile from the nearest beach. We live and breathe the Florida coastal lifestyle and we are looking for new talent to join our growing team!
Human Resources Manager – Logistics
FUNCTION OF THE JOB
The HR Manager partners with the distribution centers’ supervisors and managers, to strategically and tactically address employee needs. The role typically has responsibility for 200 to 300 hourly associates in one or more distribution centers. In addition, the Manager, will partner with Corporate HR to support corporate initiatives including; Training and Development, Compensation, Benefits and Employee Relations to deliver HR programs and services to the DC associates.
- Extensive interaction with all levels of the DC Management Team
- Close working relationship with Corporate HR
- Some interaction with various people throughout the company, including DC/Division management and personnel and other corporate center departments.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES (Essential Functions):
- Works with DC supervisors and management to proactively develop solutions to support DC associates
- Builds HR knowledge in the organization
- Responsible for delivering HR services to DC associates including: employee relations, productivity and incentive programs, disciplinary actions, terminations, investigations, training and development, recognition programs, attendance management, compensation and benefits.
- Partners with Corporate HR to support corporate HR initiatives.
- Interpret and educate client group on HR policies, and provides counseling on such policies as necessary.
- Comply with all existing government, labor and legal reporting requirements to minimize company exposure to lawsuits and manages sensitive and confidential information.
- Conduct exit interviews on all voluntary terminations; facilitate s all termination paperwork for voluntary and involuntary terms (including benefits info, final paycheck, etc.).
- HR Policy administration
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Human Resource Management or equivalent required.
- SHRM certification preferred (PHR, SPHR).
- Three to five years of human resources experience as professional generalist required.
- Experience in large hourly employee population environment preferred. (manufacturing or distribution)
- Bilingual, fluency in English and Spanish) preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal relationship skills.
- Must have demonstrated proficiency with common office tools such as MS Office Suite (WORD, EXCEL, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Experience in Training and Development will be a plus.
Check out www.beallsinc.com for more information.