Beall’s – Celebrating 100 years!
Beall’s celebrated our 100th year anniversary in 2015! Come join a team rich in tradition that is ready to adapt and evolve with the ever changing retail landscape! We are a debt free, billion dollar organization with over 500 retail stores across 16 states. And with an eye to the future, we are continuing to enter new markets and build brand loyalty with an increasing customer base.
Stable and fiscally savvy, Beall’s has long been an organization that represents tradition, integrity and ever changing sustainability. Our headquarters are located in the beautiful and sunny Tampa Bay area in the heart of Florida… approximately one mile from the nearest beach. We live and breathe the Florida coastal lifestyle and we are looking for new talent to join our growing team!
Enterprise Data Architect – Beall’s Inc.
The Enterprise Data Architect is responsible for improving the consistency, timeliness, quality, and delivery of data. Over time they will define and evangelize, the vision and strategy for data architecture, data quality and data governance at Beall’s.
The responsibility for data management is distributed across several groups in the company, including Application teams, Integration teams, the Data Development/Reporting teams and many business roles. While these IS Teams and the business will execute the granular tasks, the Enterprise Data Architect will provide an overall leadership role driving the enterprise systems to an integrated, master data architecture vision. They will collaborate with business and technology stakeholders to develop standards, processes, workflows, and technologies to manage and ensure the quality and consistency of our data assets.
- Reports to the Director of Data and Reporting Development
- Frequent interaction with other IS areas and staff team members
- Frequent interaction with business leadership and business system users throughout the enterprise
- Periodic interaction with external third-party support providers
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES (Essential Functions):
- Develop an in-depth understanding of Beall’s Information Systems Data structures and Information content
- Provide thought leadership in the areas of Data Management techniques, including Data Modeling, Data Integration, and Master Data Management
- Investigate, create, document and maintain Data Flows/Mappings, Data Catalogs, and Data element definitions with a goal of Enterprise Master Data Integration
- Partner with Integration development across IS Teams to ensure a common, consistent Data Model is implemented
- Develop and document common business and metadata definitions to ensure consistent metrics in reporting across the Enterprise
- Lead the Model development of the Enterprise Data Warehouse architecture.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- BS degree or equivalent experience
- 10 years of work experience in IT with specific experience in data architecture related roles (Business Intelligence Data Warehousing, Integrations, Master Data Management)
- Strong background and understanding of Enterprise information Management, including Master Data Management, Metadata, Reference Data, and Data Quality practices; Understanding of concepts, practices, procedures and tools
- Experience in Data profiling tools and methods to determine whether and how Data can support business and Data requirements of its intended use
- Experience with both SQL Server and Oracle Database technologies
- Proven experience in integration of Enterprise Applications
- Oracle ERP Integration experience desired
- Extensive experience constructing data models and developing diagrams
- General business process knowledge
- Prefer experience with on-premise/on-cloud data platforms and integrations
- Strong customer focus with demonstrated push for value & continuous improvement
- Experience working with external resources (onshore and offshore)
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills to meet deadlines
- Must have adequate vision, speech, hearing and physical ability to perform essential job functions, with or without reasonable accommodations
- Must have full body rotation and mobility (i.e., bending, stooping, twisting, reaching) to allow for a variety of Information Services related tasks
- Ability to lift equipment and/or boxes up to 50 pounds unassisted
Check out www.beallsinc.com for more information.