Beall’s – Celebrating 100 years!
Beall’s celebrated our 100th year anniversary in 2015! Come join a team rich in tradition that is ready to adapt and evolve with the ever changing retail landscape! We are a debt free, billion dollar organization with over 500 retail stores across 16 states. And with an eye to the future, we are continuing to enter new markets and build brand loyalty with an increasing customer base.
Stable and fiscally savvy, Beall’s has long been an organization that represents tradition, integrity and ever changing sustainability. Our headquarters are located in the beautiful and sunny Tampa Bay area in the heart of Florida… approximately one mile from the nearest beach. We live and breathe the Florida coastal lifestyle and we are looking for new talent to join our growing team!
Systems Engineer (VMware and Monitoring) – Beall’s Inc.
In support of corporate business objectives, the Systems Engineer will provide technical leadership, engineering, administration and security in their designated are of responsibility.
The Systems Engineer must be able to exercise independent judgment, guided by IS directives, policies and procedures, industry best practices, and regulatory compliance in the execution of their primary responsibilities.
- Reports directly to the Director of Infrastructure via the Lead Systems Engineer.
- Extensive interaction with all areas of the IS Division Management and Staff team members.
- Frequent interaction with the Helpdesk and external third-party support providers.
- Periodic interaction with various corporate departments throughout the enterprise.
- Must have adequate vision, speech, hearing and physical ability to perform essential job functions, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must have full body rotation and mobility (i.e., bending, stooping, twisting, reaching) to allow for a variety of I.S. Facilities related tasks.
- Ability to lift equipment and/or boxes up to 50 pounds unassisted.
REQUIRED FORMAL EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
- BS degree or equivalent experience.
- Microsoft, VMware, Data Center Operations, or operational frameworks highly desired.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (Essential Functions):
Serve as an Enterprise Systems Expert for various I.S. Operations Systems as assigned from the items listed below based on previous knowledge, skills and experience.
Duties will include systems design, administration, and maintenance and project support.
- VMware vCenter administration in a multi-site enterprise environment.
- VMware vRealize Operations Manager 6.x administration.
- Administration and monitoring of enterprise DR replication technologies.
- System Center 2012-2016 suite administration for configuration management and monitoring.
- Microsoft Active Directory, GPOs, Windows Servers, DNS, DFS, Networking services (DNS, DHCP, etc.) and related supporting management systems throughout the enterprise.
- Microsoft Exchange 2010 to 2016 operating in a virtualized or cloud environment.
- Develop, document and implement enterprise level policies and procedures.
- Perform installation and maintenance of patches on supported systems.
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot, and resolve issues related to the supported systems.
- Create and maintain documentation of system hardware and supported environments.
- Perform routine system analysis, and develop reporting metrics.
- Provide expert level on-call support for supported environments.
- Interface with vendors regarding complex issues, and see through until resolution.
- Cross train operations staff as needed.
- Implement and maintain high-availability solutions.
- Perform proactive and predictive analysis.
- PCI audit remediation.
- Respond to support calls and perform root cause analysis tasks as needed.
- BS degree or equivalent experience.
- 2-3 years of experience as a Microsoft certified engineer.
- 2-3 years of experience as a VMware certified professional.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Proven technical decision-making and problem solving skills.
- General business knowledge with a background in supporting large enterprise environments.
- Must be flexible and available to provide off-hours support as part of a 24/7 on-call rotation.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong communications skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to work in both team environments and as an individual contributor.
- Working experience with Microsoft ActiveSync (EAS), Microsoft Lync Unified Communications, other internal and external collaborative solutions and supporting systems is highly desirable.
- Experience in Citrix XenApp and Presentation Server is desired.
- Working knowledge of Storage Area Networks and Network Attached Storage is preferred.
- Functional understanding of Microsoft SQL Server in highly available environments a plus.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed
Check out www.beallsinc.com for more information.