Beall’s – Celebrating 100 years!
Beall’s celebrated our 100th year anniversary in 2015! Come join a team rich in tradition that is ready to adapt and evolve with the ever changing retail landscape! We are a debt free, billion dollar organization with over 500 retail stores across 16 states. And with an eye to the future, we are continuing to enter new markets and build brand loyalty with an increasing customer base.
Stable and fiscally savvy, Beall’s has long been an organization that represents tradition, integrity and ever changing sustainability. Our headquarters are located in the beautiful and sunny Tampa Bay area in the heart of Florida… approximately one mile from the nearest beach. We live and breathe the Florida coastal lifestyle and we are looking for new talent to join our growing team!
Corporate Loss Prevention Officer 2nd Shift
Function of the Job
This position reports to the Loss Prevention Director and assists management in the implementation, coordination and administration of the company Loss Prevention policies, programs, and practices within the Corporate Headquarters and Distribution Centers. It also includes responsibility for reduction of financial loss through training, loss prevention audits and theft prevention.
Shift hours: 4:00PM-12:00AM
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Responsible for enforcing Beall's Policies and Procedures, Code of Conduct, and all other training or communication distributed by the company.
- Conducts surveillance and internal investigations. Reports any and all incidents to the Loss Prevention Supervisor or Director.
- Maintain confidentiality concerning all conversations, printed matter, electronic data, phone messages and other Loss Prevention business.
- Accountable for all company property assigned for use on the job , which includes, but is not limited to, vehicles , computers, scanners , cellphone, radios, etc.
- Maintains shift logs and ensures all Loss Prevention paperwork has been properly and accurately completed.
- Maintains strict control of property access. Conducts fire, safety, and physical security inspections.
- Responds to incidents , accidents , and emergencies. Conducts shrink awareness to prevent internal theft.
- Monitors Closed Circuit Television System, alarm systems, and access control systems. Ensures accuracy of all Loss Prevention shift logs, reports, and other paperwork.
- Responsible for inbound/outbound trailer management and seal control. Must be able to work flexible work hours including weekends.
- Must be able to work at multiple operating locations. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have adequate vision, speech, hearing and physical ability to perform essential job functions, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must have full hand and arm usage to operate equipment, such as CCTV cameras, computer, scanners, and writing instruments.
- Must be able to stand and sit for extended periods of time. Must be able to perform walking security patrols.
Position Requirements (minimum):
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be capable of reading and writing at a 12 th grade level or above.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills to accurately document and articulate incident report details and circumstances.
- Must demonstrate sound decision making and judgment and be able to remain calm in stressful or critical situations.
- Experience with CCTV Systems, Alarm Systems, and Access Control Systems. Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook preferred.
- Must be able to work flexible work hours including weekends. Must maintain a Valid Florida Driver 's license.
- Must be fluent in English.