Beall’s – Celebrating 100 years!
Beall’s celebrated our 100th year anniversary in 2015! Come join a team rich in tradition that is ready to adapt and evolve with the ever changing retail landscape! We are a debt free, billion dollar organization with over 500 retail stores across 16 states. And with an eye to the future, we are continuing to enter new markets and build brand loyalty with an increasing customer base.
Stable and fiscally savvy, Beall’s has long been an organization that represents tradition, integrity and ever changing sustainability. Our headquarters are located in the beautiful and sunny Tampa Bay area in the heart of Florida… approximately one mile from the nearest beach. We live and breathe the Florida coastal lifestyle and we are looking for new talent to join our growing team!
Software Analyst (.Net)
Visualize, Design, Develop and Test solutions on the .Net technology stack.
- Reports to IT management.
- Extensive interaction with IT management and other team members.
- Extensive interaction with customers throughout the company.
- Extensive interaction with external IT business partners.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Security Consciousness.
- Experience working with a structured methodology such as waterfall, RUP, and agile software development process preferred.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Programming Model: ASP.NET 4.0/4.5, ASP.NET MVC , Web Forms, Win Forms, WCF (SOAP/REST), Web API
- Programming Language: C#
- Framework: .Net 4.0/4.5
- Integrated Development Environment: Visual Studio 2012/2013
- Web Server: IIS 7.0 (or above)
- Database: Any relational database with strong SQL knowledge
- Architecture: Object Oriented Analysis and Design; N-Tier Design
- Department Store or Off Price retail knowledge
- SQL server 2008 or above, iseries DB2
- Team foundation server 2012
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Essential Functions):
- Consult with members of the organization to determine and evaluate requirements.
- Work with Business Analysts on software requirements to determine feasibility of design.
- Ability to analyze and integrate disparate software systems.
- Design, Code, and Unit Test.
- Perform Peer Reviews.
- Create project documentation – Functional and Technical specifications; Test Scripts/plans. Demonstrate functionality to business users for User Acceptance.
- Be able to switch and adapt between multiple/changing priorities.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Production support – Both on and off hours. Engage in troubleshooting/debugging to establish the root cause of the defect.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Position requires employee to be able to perform professional office duties, such as prolonged use of a personal computer, periodic phone usage throughout the day, and the ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
Check out www.beallsinc.com for more information.