Beall’s – Celebrating 100 years!
Beall’s celebrated our 100th year anniversary in 2015! Come join a team rich in tradition that is ready to adapt and evolve with the ever changing retail landscape! We are a debt free, billion dollar organization with over 500 retail stores across 16 states. And with an eye to the future, we are continuing to enter new markets and build brand loyalty with an increasing customer base.
Stable and fiscally savvy, Beall’s has long been an organization that represents tradition, integrity and ever changing sustainability. Our headquarters are located in the beautiful and sunny Tampa Bay area in the heart of Florida… approximately one mile from the nearest beach. We live and breathe the Florida coastal lifestyle and we are looking for new talent to join our growing team!
Graphic Designer (Product Development) for Bealls/Burkes Outlet Stores
Directly responsible for development, design and execution of private brand apparel product to meet or exceed brand sales and margin plans in conjunction with the overall product development strategy.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES [Essential Functions]:
- Drive the strategic vision for the assigned private brand business category in partnership with the merchant team.
- Execute design and development according to the strategic merchandise plan.
- Actively research seasonal trends to continually enhance assortments with emerging trends.
- Consistently shop all level of stores including our own for trend, fashion, value, color direction and inspiration.
- Directly accountable for fit and technical design including technical package creation and review of all fit samples.
- Create Flats, original CAD prints, product story boards, and seasonal color direction.
- Develop original print designs in both Photoshop and Illustrator aligning to the brand profile.
- Travel as needed to trend shows and with buyers to build both domestic and import private brand partnerships and acquire new vendors.
- Negotiate with vendors on price, flow, terms, vendor services, and ensure adherence to scheduled shipping window.
- Understand the customer and competitive demographics in each market area, and build assortments accordingly.
- Vigilantly monitor emerging or descending trends and take action to capitalize or react.
- Communicate with vendors on styling, fit, design, embellishment and construction throughout the product development process.
- Track production status of all approvals and communicate with vendors to keep on time deliveries.
- Work with buyers and merchandise technicians to set up order casepacks and suggested assortments including
- size scale, colors, delivery dates and units.
- Maintain sample room and all approval submits in an organized efficient system.
- Develop strong working relationships with internal and external contacts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Responsibilities include training merchandise technicians on casepack set up, sample package preparation and other duties as needed.
- 4 year degree in Product Development or Fashion Design.
- 2+ years Product Development experience preferred.
- Strong skills in technical fit design.
- Proficient in graphic print development and CAD design.
- Adobe Creative Suite Photoshop and Illustrator experience is required.
- Strong knowledge of Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Strong retail math skills.
- Confident public speaker.
- Ability to thrive in a team oriented environment.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel as needed.
Check out www.beallsoutlet.com and www.beallsinc.com for more information.