Beall’s – Celebrating 100 years!
Beall’s celebrated our 100th year anniversary in 2015! Come join a team rich in tradition that is ready to adapt and evolve with the ever changing retail landscape! We are a debt free, billion dollar organization with over 500 retail stores across 16 states. And with an eye to the future, we are continuing to enter new markets and build brand loyalty with an increasing customer base.
Stable and fiscally savvy, Beall’s has long been an organization that represents tradition, integrity and ever changing sustainability. Our headquarters are located in the beautiful and sunny Tampa Bay area in the heart of Florida… approximately one mile from the nearest beach. We live and breathe the Florida coastal lifestyle and we are looking for new talent to join our growing team!
Financial Planning & Analysis Manager with Beall’s Inc.
Supervise the development and preparation of qualitative and quantitative financial analysis and forecasts to internal and external constituents. Responsible for the development of financial models, annual and long range business plans, situational analysis to support corporate strategic initiatives, internal processes enhancements, and performance evaluation.
The Financial Planning & Analysis Manager interacts with the Financial Analysts, Accountants, FP&A Management, VP of Finance, CFO, and various other personnel including Executives & Management
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES [Essential Functions]:
- Build strategic relationships with key Management. Meet with divisions to review financial results, models, and long range projection at various leadership meetings
- Manage and prepare various financial reports and situational analyses (including charts and graphs, industry & internal trend analysis, and exception reporting) for senior management and help them make informed decisions by providing recommendations
- Coordinate and/or prepare pro formas and payback analysis for capital projects. Maintain accurate tracking of pro formas
- Manage monthly forecast by attending forecast review meetings, preparing financial projections, and supervising the Financial Analyst in preparing forecast reporting and commentary on business trends
- Coordinate and support the development of the annual Long Range Projection (LRP) and company-wide budget. Work with various personnel to identify initiatives, establish assumptions, and develop analytical models
- Ability to analyze large volumes of data for patterns, trends, statistical analysis
- Collaborate with FP&A Managers for cohesive integration within the FP&A Department
- Perform other duties as assigned
GENERAL AND SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervision of one or more Financial Analysts
- Assist with the training of new hires and development of training material
- Cross train on other department duties
- Foster and reward a culture of
- (i) customer service
- (ii) building effective working relationships with people outside the department
- (iii) continuing process improvement
- (iv) personal responsibility for the integrity of all work
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance. MBA, or MBA candidate a plus. At least 7 years of prior financial analysis experience required, retail experience a plus, but not required
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, and financial reporting
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems, general ledger structures, and internal controls
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite (2007 or 2010), including advanced Excel. Oracle, Hyperion, AS400, database/data cube, and MS Access knowledge a plus. Must also demonstrate strong analytical and Excel pivot table skills
- Understanding of the big picture view and how to identify obstacles and opportunities that impact the business
- Ability to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and manage several projects simultaneously, sometimes with only broad guidelines
- Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player with creative problems solving approach and attention to detail
- This position requires a willingness to work a flexible schedule including occasional evenings and weekends based on business needs
Check out www.beallsinc.com for more information.