Beall’s – Celebrating 100 years!
Beall’s celebrated our 100th year anniversary in 2015! Come join a team rich in tradition that is ready to adapt and evolve with the ever changing retail landscape! We are a debt free, billion dollar organization with over 500 retail stores across 16 states. And with an eye to the future, we are continuing to enter new markets and build brand loyalty with an increasing customer base.
Stable and fiscally savvy, Beall’s has long been an organization that represents tradition, integrity and ever changing sustainability. Our headquarters are located in the beautiful and sunny Tampa Bay area in the heart of Florida… approximately one mile from the nearest beach. We live and breathe the Florida coastal lifestyle and we are looking for new talent to join our growing team!
Safety Supervisor for Beall’s Inc.
To assist the Director of Safety and Business Continuity in all aspects of Safety operations.
- Extensive interaction with Beall’s employees, physicians, third party insurance administrators, insurance carriers and internal stakeholders.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide expert advice and professional guidance to Operations in performance of safety management requirements including incident investigation, safety training and communication, inspection and auditing, hazard assessment.
- Verbal and written communication with both internal and external sources.
- Prepare and maintain various monthly and quarterly Safety reports.
- Prepare written communication to internal stakeholders and external business partners.
- Communicate with third party insurance administrators and insurance carriers on issues pertaining to workers’ compensation and general liability claims to include claims investigation, litigation management and settlement negotiations.
- Monitor and administer Safety policies as specified in the Beall’s policies and procedures manual, to prevent customer and employee accidents.
- Develop and implement a Safety Training Plan for each job category.
- Evaluate and implement additional Safety programs, procedures and strategies where necessary.
- Organize and participate in Safety Review Board and Safety Focus Group meetings.
- Supervise and perform incident investigations.
- Perform post-accident drug and alcohol screening.
- Conduct Safety Orientation for new hires.
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly safety inspections and compliance audits.
- Manage and track completion of corrective actions identified through audits or investigations.
- Facilitate meetings between Safety and various internal stakeholders and external business partners.
- Perform annual OSHA surveys for Distribution Centers and store chains.
- Cross train in other areas of Safety and Risk Management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have adequate vision, speech, hearing and physical ability to perform essential job functions, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must have full body rotation and mobility (i.e., bending, stooping, twisting and reaching).
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
- High School diploma or equivalent. A four-year degree is preferred, but not required.
- Prior experience in Occupational Safety and Health including Transportation Safety preferred.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Fluent in English; bilingual is a plus.
Check out www.beallsinc.com for more information.