Beall’s – Celebrating 100 years!
Beall’s celebrated our 100th year anniversary in 2015! Come join a team rich in tradition that is ready to adapt and evolve with the ever changing retail landscape! We are a debt free, billion dollar organization with over 500 retail stores across 16 states. And with an eye to the future, we are continuing to enter new markets and build brand loyalty with an increasing customer base.
Stable and fiscally savvy, Beall’s has long been an organization that represents tradition, integrity and ever changing sustainability. Our headquarters are located in the beautiful and sunny Tampa Bay area in the heart of Florida… approximately one mile from the nearest beach. We live and breathe the Florida coastal lifestyle and we are looking for new talent to join our growing team!
Associate Planner – Beall’s Stores
Assists the Planner with merchandise planning through the creation and management of merchandise plans. Assists the planner with business development through various analyses. Partners with the Merchants and Analysts to ensure the execution of merchandise plans.
- Extensive interaction with Planners, Buyers, Analysts, and Planning Administrator.
- Frequent interaction with DVP P&A, Planning Manager, Merchandise Managers, and DC.
- Regular communication with store personnel via phone, email, or store travel.
- Some interaction with other corporate center departments including, Merchandise Support, Advertising, and Product Development.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a thorough understanding of business within specific area of responsibility.
- Assists the Planner in the creation of Chain Merchandise Plans (Dollars & Units) in partnership with the Merchants.
- Assists the Planning & Buying Teams through store planning and store plan validation.
- Assists the Planning & Buying Teams through store grading, the allocation of store assortment plans and store-to-store transfers. Communicates opportunities for improvement.
- Communicates conceptual assortment plans to Analysts in partnership with the Merchants.
- Performs in-depth analysis. Makes recommendations on business opportunities.
- Communicates with stores, analysts, and merchants on store merchandise needs.
- Supervises Analysts. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Beall’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training Analysts, directing, assigning and appraising work, and resolving problems.
- Must have adequate vision, speech, hearing and physical ability to perform essential job functions, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must have full body rotation and mobility (i.e., bending, stooping, twisting and reaching).
- Must be able to lift and carry at least 25 pounds.
- Four Year College Degree or Two Year College Degree and 3 Years Retail Experience or 5 Years Retail Experience and 3 years merchandise allocation experience.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player with positive attitude. Self-motivated and energetic.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks. Responsive to continually changing retail environment.
- Ability to work varying hours on occasion.
- Data entry / computer experience is helpful.
- Fluent in English.
Check out www.beallsflorida.com.com and www.beallsinc.com for more information.