Beall’s – Celebrating 100 years!
Beall’s celebrated our 100th year anniversary in 2015! Come join a team rich in tradition that is ready to adapt and evolve with the ever changing retail landscape! We are a debt free, billion dollar organization with over 500 retail stores across 16 states. And with an eye to the future, we are continuing to enter new markets and build brand loyalty with an increasing customer base.
Stable and fiscally savvy, Beall’s has long been an organization that represents tradition, integrity and ever changing sustainability. Our headquarters are located in the beautiful and sunny Tampa Bay area in the heart of Florida… approximately one mile from the nearest beach. We live and breathe the Florida coastal lifestyle and we are looking for new talent to join our growing team!
Quality Assurance Engineer – Beall’s Inc.
To support and ensure the high quality of development and maintenance of software based systems which meet the requirements of the customers unique business needs. Ensure all applications are in compliance with existing standards, appropriate documentation, thoroughly tested and with adequate controls to maintain data integrity.
- Reports to the Director of Corporate Application Development
- Extensive interaction with the Directors of Application Systems and other Development team members at both the managerial and developer levels, PMO, and other IS team members. Some interaction with customers throughout the company, including store personnel and other corporate departments.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES [Essential Functions]:
- Accountable for the creation and execution of test scripts to test software for compliance against the Functional & Technical specifications provided.
- Ensures testing is coordinated across all departments by developing appropriate documentation, facilitating testing related meetings and providing timely status updates to stakeholders.
- Develops, documents and leads the Defect Management process.
- Coordinates the set-up of Testing environments and availability of testing artifacts to successfully perform E2E testing.
- Assists in developing and implementing standards, best practices, process improvements, procedures, and all required controls for IS department and customers as needed.
- Assists in developing plans, direction and strategies for the IS department in regards to the QA area of focus.
- Responsible for development and fostering of good working relationships with customers, internal development teams and vendors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 4-year college degree is required.
- Four years of QA experience is required.
- Project management experience is desired.
- Knowledge of Oracle financial systems and HCM systems is desired, but not required.
- Working knowledge of office software products, such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Working knowledge of MS SQL and other data extract and analysis tools.
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communications skills with fluency in English.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills are required.
- Excellent cognitive skills with an emphasis on attention to detail are required.
- Position requires employee to be able to perform professional office duties, such as prolonged use of a personal computer, periodic phone usage throughout the day, and the ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
Check out www.beallsinc.com for more information.