Beall’s – Celebrating 100 years!
Beall’s celebrated our 100th year anniversary in 2015! Come join a team rich in tradition that is ready to adapt and evolve with the ever changing retail landscape! We are a debt free, billion dollar organization with over 500 retail stores across 16 states. And with an eye to the future, we are continuing to enter new markets and build brand loyalty with an increasing customer base.
Stable and fiscally savvy, Beall’s has long been an organization that represents tradition, integrity and ever changing sustainability. Our headquarters are located in the beautiful and sunny Tampa Bay area in the heart of Florida… approximately one mile from the nearest beach. We live and breathe the Florida coastal lifestyle and we are looking for new talent to join our growing team!
Applications Manager - Finance Systems
To support customers throughout the company by overseeing the design, development and maintenance of software based systems and processes which meet the requirements of their unique business needs. Ensure all applications are in compliance with standards, documented, and properly tested to maintain data integrity.
- Reports to the Director of Application Development.
- Extensive interaction with the Director of Application Development and other team members.
- Extensive interaction with customers throughout the company, including finance divisions, human resources and payroll divisions, store personnel and other corporate center departments.
- Extensive interaction with business partners and on/off shore contractors.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Essential Functions):
- Responsible for defining and designing solutions and will play an active role in the design, development, and management of the Finance solutions.
- Responsible for efforts to assist customers in analyzing business needs to develop requirements.
- Acts as a liaison between the business and development teams to communicate priorities, manage functional and tech requirements for support and projects.
- Includes coordination with off-shore team members; communication with management and other departments; reporting of status and risks; and working effectively with internal and external partners.
- Oversees or responsible for development of technical specifications and modification documentation based upon business and application requirements.
- Responsible for developing and implementing standards, procedures, and all required controls for IS department and for customers as needed.
- Leads/Owns the development and implementation of process improvements for IS department and for customers as needed.
- Responsible for developing and managing projects using the project management life cycle.
- Develops plans, direction and strategies for the IS department in their specific area of focus.
- Must be able to use logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, and provide conclusions or approaches to the job.
- Knowledge and understanding of laws and regulations relating to data management. (privacy, data transfer and retention, etc.)
- Supervise development team members through hiring, performance appraisals, pay rate reviews, delegating, promoting, coaching, counseling and terminating as needed.
- Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, mentors, and monitors progress of the team
- Leads/Owns developing and implementing plans for employee supervision and performance, recruits candidates for positions, and acts as a mentor and coach to team members.
- Eight or more years of software management/development experience required.
- Project management experience is required.
- Experience in Oracle business practices for Finance and PBCS is preferred.
- Experience in Oracle Fusion Cloud Solutions or Oracle EBS is required.
- 4-year college degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience is required.
- Must have excellent organizational skills, must possess excellent written and verbal communications skills with fluency in English.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills are required.
Check out www.beallsinc.com for more information.