Beall’s – Celebrating 100 years!
Beall’s celebrated our 100th year anniversary in 2015! Come join a team rich in tradition that is ready to adapt and evolve with the ever changing retail landscape! We are a debt free, billion dollar organization with over 500 retail stores across 16 states. And with an eye to the future, we are continuing to enter new markets and build brand loyalty with an increasing customer base.
Stable and fiscally savvy, Beall’s has long been an organization that represents tradition, integrity and ever changing sustainability. Our headquarters are located in the beautiful and sunny Tampa Bay area in the heart of Florida… approximately one mile from the nearest beach. We live and breathe the Florida coastal lifestyle and we are looking for new talent to join our growing team!
Director of HR - Logistics
The HR Director partners with Logistics’ SVP, DVP’s and managers, to strategically provide guidance, assistance and support on recruitment, workforce planning, policy implementation, organizational development, change management, and employee relations. Creates a culture that values operational excellence, engagement, retention, coaching, and development. The role typically has responsibility for a client group that includes 800-1,000 associates in 3 distribution centers. DC HR Managers report into the position. In addition, the HR Director, will partner with Corporate HR to support corporate initiatives.
- Member of the Logistics Leadership Team
- Extensive interaction with all levels of the DC Management Team
- Close working relationship with Corporate HR
- Some interaction with various people throughout the company, including Logistics management and personnel and other corporate center departments.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Essential Functions):
- Partners with SVP Logistics and Logistics Leadership team to help set the HR strategic agenda and priorities for Logistics.
- Provide direction, leadership and coaching to HR team members with the goal of creating a high performing HR team
- Oversees all aspects of HR ranging from recruitment, retention, training and development, associate relations, and compliance.
- Recruits for all Operations Manager and above positions, including internal and external job posting and coordination of interviews.
- Proactively works with clients on workforce planning, and strategic staffing
- Compiles turnover, hiring statistics, and other HR related metrics to identify key issues and develop a plan to address opportunities.
- Support Logistics Leadership team with performance reviews, bonus plans, job descriptions, and salary guideline on a needed basis.
- Facilitate annual talent review (9 box) processes for both executives and staff.
- Evaluates policy effectiveness; designs and implements HR policies accordingly.
- Interprets and educates client group on HR policies, and provides counseling on such policies as necessary.
- Evaluates and promotes continuous improvement of HR processes.
- Leads change management initiatives.
- Conduct employee relations investigations when they are escalated by HR managers or requested by Corporate Employee Relations. Provides guidance on day to day issues to managers and supervisors.
- Works in concert Safety Department on Workers Compensation and safety related issues.
- Assists in the deployment of new HR related systems and processes developed and/or acquired at the Division or Corporate level (training, problem solving, etc.).
- Participates on project teams as assigned.
- Partners with Corporate HR and implements corporate Human Resources policies and objectives and ensure compliance within the business.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Human Resource Management or equivalent required.
- HR Certification preferred (SHRM, HRCI).
- Minimum of 10 years of human resources generalist experience required. Experience as a Director strongly preferred.
- Experience in large hourly employee population environment preferred. (manufacturing or distribution)
- Generalist background with broad knowledge of employment, recruiting, compensation, organizational planning, employee relations, and training and development.
- Strong principles, people and management skills.
- Must be bilingual (Spanish).
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal relationship skills.
- Must have demonstrated proficiency with common office tools such as MS Office Suite (WORD, EXCEL, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Knowledge of state and federal labor/ employment law.
- Well-developed judgement and communication (written and verbal).
- Ability to develop professional relationships and credibility with line management.
- Well-developed influencing skills.
Check out www.beallsinc.com for more information.