Beall’s – Celebrating 100 years!
Beall’s celebrated our 100th year anniversary in 2015! Come join a team rich in tradition that is ready to adapt and evolve with the ever changing retail landscape! We are a debt free, billion dollar organization with over 500 retail stores across 16 states. And with an eye to the future, we are continuing to enter new markets and build brand loyalty with an increasing customer base.
Stable and fiscally savvy, Beall’s has long been an organization that represents tradition, integrity and ever changing sustainability. Our headquarters are located in the beautiful and sunny Tampa Bay area in the heart of Florida… approximately one mile from the nearest beach. We live and breathe the Florida coastal lifestyle and we are looking for new talent to join our growing team!
Systems Administrator with Beall’s Inc.
In support of corporate business objectives, the System Administrator will provide technical support, leadership, and administration while following corporate security policies in their designated are of responsibility.
The System Administrator must be able to exercise independent judgment, guided by IS directives, policies and procedures, industry best practices, and regulatory compliance in the execution of their primary responsibilities. In addition, they must be able to take direction from engineering resources and management.
- Reports directly to the Manager of Infrastructure Systems.
- Extensive interaction with all areas of the IS Division Management and Staff team members.
- Frequent interaction with the Helpdesk and external third-party support providers.
- Periodic interaction with various corporate departments throughout the enterprise.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES [Essential Functions]:
Serve in an Enterprise Support role for various I.S. Operations Systems as assigned from the items listed below based on previous knowledge, skills and experience, and department need.
Duties will include systems administration, maintenance and project support.
- Microsoft Active Directory, GPOs, Windows Servers, Networking services (DNS, DHCP, etc.) and related supporting management systems throughout the enterprise.
- Microsoft Exchange 2010, Microsoft SharePoint, ActiveSync (EAS), Microsoft Skype for Business Unified Communications, and other internal and external collaborative solutions and supporting systems operating in a virtualized environment.
- Analyze performance issues with Microsoft infrastructure including but not limited to Active Directory, Exchange and Lync.
- Microsoft Distributed File System (DFS).
- Administer corporate backup solution.
- Support enterprise level policies and procedures.
- Manage the Server LifeCycle Process.
- Perform installation and maintenance of patches on supported systems.
- Assist in the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and resolution of issues related to the supported systems.
- Create and maintain documentation of system hardware and supported environments.
- Perform routine system analysis, and develop reporting metrics.
- Provide on-call support for supported environments.
- Interface with engineering team members regarding complex issues, and see through until resolution.
- Cross train operations staff as needed.
- Maintain high-availability solutions.
- Perform proactive and predictive analysis.
- PCI audit remediation.
- Respond to support calls and perform root cause analysis tasks as needed.
- There are no supervisory responsibilities for this position as defined above.
- AS degree or equivalent experience.
- Industry standard certification for Microsoft, Citrix, VMware, storage and backup systems, or operational frameworks highly desired.
- Must have adequate vision, speech, hearing and physical ability to perform essential job functions, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must have full body rotation and mobility (i.e., bending, stooping, twisting, reaching) to allow for a variety of I.S. Facilities related tasks.
- Ability to lift equipment and/or boxes up to 50 pounds unassisted.
Check out www.beallsinc.com for more information.