Beall’s – Celebrating 100 years!
Beall’s celebrated our 100th year anniversary in 2015! Come join a team rich in tradition that is ready to adapt and evolve with the ever changing retail landscape! We are a debt free, billion dollar organization with over 500 retail stores across 16 states. And with an eye to the future, we are continuing to enter new markets and build brand loyalty with an increasing customer base.
Stable and fiscally savvy, Beall’s has long been an organization that represents tradition, integrity and ever changing sustainability. Our headquarters are located in the beautiful and sunny Tampa Bay area in the heart of Florida… approximately one mile from the nearest beach. We live and breathe the Florida coastal lifestyle and we are looking for new talent to join our growing team!
Technical Design Manager (Product Development) for Beall’s Stores
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Manage/execute technical development process and timelines for all private brand apparel to ensure quality product and on-time delivery. Maintain Bealls Standards and guidelines for construction and fit.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Essential Functions):
- Manage/execute technical development cycle for all brands to ensure quality product and on-time delivery. Identify opportunities to shorten timeline by reducing internal touch points when appropriate. Engage vendor base in a higher level of accountability to deliver quality goods on a consistent basis.
- Accountable for calendar compliance, must have the ability to respond quickly to changing business needs and work with internal/external partners to ensure timely delivery.
- Work closely with Designers and Product Managers to execute innovative and accurate concept execution that will resonate with Beall’s Florida customer. Serve as technical partner with designer and buyers to establish/maintain consistent fits by brand.
- Oversee/execute standard technical specification packages by style in WebPDM containing detailed product specifications for accurate pricing and execution.
- Develop and maintain Technical libraries of block specifications and technical sketches for core brand items.
- Lead fit sessions to evaluate fit and construction quality against brand strategies and price/value equation.
- Oversee/Resolve fit and construction issues identified in formal fit sessions. Manage pattern adjustment. Oversee/execute communication of clear and concise direction to overseas vendors.
- Manage fit and execute standard industry grading for multiple size ranges including, Men’s, Missy, Women’s, Junior’s and Kids.
- Oversee review and approval of¬¬¬ all counter, fit, pre-production and TOP samples. Maintain work-flow spreadsheets.
- Attend brand Product development milestone meetings to understand business trends and requirements.
- Initiate and participate in regular store visits to review and evaluate quality of product on the selling floor. Execute product audits and reporting.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Supervise and mentor three direct reports. Develop/maintain all standards and training materials for Technical Design team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design or equivalent is required.
- 10-15 years in Technical Design skill set with thorough knowledge and execution of pattern making.
- Strong knowledge of Minimum Industry Standards and experience in ASTM Grading
- Thorough knowledge of garment construction, manufacturing and production requirements
- Exceptional follow-up skills and ability to analyze work load and plan accordingly
- Ability to multi task to manage multiple deadlines at once
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high performance environment while maintaining a high level of accuracy, accountability and workload
- Must be Fluent in English.
- Reports to the Sr. Product Manager.
- Direct interaction with Designers, Product managers, Sourcing teams, Merchants, Stores, and Vendors to articulate brand vision
- Must have adequate vision, speech, hearing and physical ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must be able to sit for longer periods of time
- Must have full body rotation (i.e., bending, stooping, twisting, reaching etc.)
- Must be able to lift and carry at least 20lbs.
Check out www.beallsflorida.com and www.beallsinc.com for more information. Thank you!