Beall’s – Celebrating 100 years!
Beall’s celebrated our 100th year anniversary in 2015! Come join a team rich in tradition that is ready to adapt and evolve with the ever changing retail landscape! We are a debt free, billion dollar organization with over 500 retail stores across 16 states. And with an eye to the future, we are continuing to enter new markets and build brand loyalty with an increasing customer base.
Stable and fiscally savvy, Beall’s has long been an organization that represents tradition, integrity and ever changing sustainability. Our headquarters are located in the beautiful and sunny Tampa Bay area in the heart of Florida… approximately one mile from the nearest beach. We live and breathe the Florida coastal lifestyle and we are looking for new talent to join our growing team!
Assistant CAD Artist - Beall’s Stores
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
To assist in the development and execution of private brand print and textile designs for Bealls. Reports to designer or product manager, and collaborate on product direction to deliver computer-aided illustration that tie back to the seasonal concept.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Textile Design, Fashion Design, Fine Arts or equivalent is required
- Highly proficient in all Adobe Creative Suite software, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience Freelance, part-time, or full time in Color, Print, Textiles, and/or Fashion Design 1-3 years
- Technical knowledge of print and dye techniques as well as industry manufacturing processes
- Basic knowledge of manufacturing principles and production requirements
- Strong sense of aesthetics in color, print, related to textile development
- Exceptional follow-up skills and ability to analyze work load and plan accordingly
- Simultaneously work on multiple projects with various deadlines at once
- Ability to work in a fast pace, high performance environment while maintaining a high level of accuracy, accountability and self-managed workload
- Fluent in English
- Applicants may be asked to provide a portfolio for review in addition to completing a project
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Essential Functions):
- Help execute innovative production art that will resonate with Beall’s Florida guest.
- Assist Designer by interpreting original artwork to fulfill specific print needs; including pattern repeats in 4-color process and Spot color, vector and rasterized prints and graphics. Tasks will include; Retouching print repeats, recoloring, manipulating dimensions and scale with precise attention to detail using Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Prepare all production art work files in Beall’s standard format.
- Transmit production files via FTP and communicate all details for execution with internal and external partners.
- Maintain brand identity logos for product decoration, labeling, hangtags and packaging. Maintain branding library.
- Develop mock-ups and initial renderings for new branding, labels and hangtags.
- Support and maintain the department color system and print library.
- Follow documented internal processes and procedures.
- Review seasonal calendars to meet design production deadlines.
- Present work to Designer in timely and organized manner.
- Some interaction with the buying, sourcing and technical design teams.
- Attend and participate in all brand milestone meetings for product development and understand the business, trends, and requirements to stay ahead of development
- Maintain seasonal awareness and trend direction through print and textile development
- Execute textile design into CAD format, flats, or templates as needed.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Must have adequate vision, speech, hearing and physical ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must be able to sit for longer periods of time
- Must have full body rotation (i.e., bending, stooping, twisting, reaching etc.)
- Must be able to lift and carry at least 20lbs.
Check out www.beallsflorida.com and www.beallsinc.com for more information. Thank you!