Beall’s – Celebrating 100 years!
Beall’s celebrated our 100th year anniversary in 2015! Come join a team rich in tradition that is ready to adapt and evolve with the ever changing retail landscape! We are a debt free, billion dollar organization with over 500 retail stores across 16 states. And with an eye to the future, we are continuing to enter new markets and build brand loyalty with an increasing customer base.
Stable and fiscally savvy, Beall’s has long been an organization that represents tradition, integrity and ever changing sustainability. Our headquarters are located in the beautiful and sunny Tampa Bay area in the heart of Florida… approximately one mile from the nearest beach. We live and breathe the Florida coastal lifestyle and we are looking for new talent to join our growing team!
Fashion Photographer for Bealls Stores
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Photograph products for print & web use. Process and organize digital files. Develop and manage Bealls photography standards. Supervise photo studio Digitech/PA.
- Reports to Lead Photographer.
- Interacts with creative, marketing, merchants, and photo studio teams.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Essential Functions):
- Use creativity, imagination and talent to execute Bealls photographic projects.
- Capture digital images on Bealls merchandise either on models or as product shots, process & organize files according to Bealls standards.
- Directs Models, PAs, Fashion Stylists & Hair & Makeup Stylists while on set as needed.
- Have a strong background in studio lighting, and able to use that to bring out the best features of the model.
- Establish good working relationships so that the models feel comfortable with the camera.
- Assist lead photographer in creation of seasonal lighting and backgrounds.
- Train freelance & studio staff on Beall’s photo standards.
- Ability to shoot in studio and on location.
- Supervise studio assistants or outside resources as needed.
- Communicate with Lead Photographer on studio scheduling needs and photography supplies.
- Maintain equipment and make recommendations for capital equipment to Lead Photographer.
- Supervise packing of, and responsibility for photo equipment on location.
- Maintain professional atmosphere in studio.
- Other duties & responsibilities as assigned.
- Supervise photo studio Digitech/PA.
- Supervise studio assistants and junior photographers, stylists and models as needed.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training personnel, planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and problems within the department.
- 2-4 year BS or BA degree in photography.
- 2-4 years retail or studio photography experience.
- Digital photography experience required, Phase 1 knowledge a plus.
- Proficient knowledge of Photoshop.
- Fluent in English.
- Must have adequate vision, speech, hearing and physical ability to perform essential job functions, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must have ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Full body rotation & mobility includes squatting, crawling, pushing and pulling.
- Full hand and arm usage to operate studio equipment.
- Must be able to stand/walk 95% of the day.
- Full body rotation & mobility.
- Must have full arm and hand usage to operate studio equipment.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Must possess a valid Florida drivers license and be able to travel to location photo shoots.
- Must be able to see and distinguish color.
- Must be able to work outside in the Florida climate 12 months out of the year.
Check out www.beallsflorida.com and www.beallsinc.com for more information. Thank you!